Grocery shopping.. each trip it's own little adventure. (ok, well for me?) For whatever I am very contemplative when grocery shopping.. contemplative about what I'm buying, how much I'm spending on it, how much I'm getting of it.. contemplative of the people I'm shopping next to..what their buying and why.. contemplative of the brands, ingredients, advertising.. pretty much everything.
Perhaps over analyzing? Perhaps..
Anyway I thought of a couple things yesterday.. random facts about my usual grocery store experience.
- I normally experience mild nerves just before walking in. (inexplicable..)
- I love how the fresh bread smell hits you first thing thru the door, yes..it's luring.
- I'm always uncomfortable waiting at the deli counter a long time.
- My least favorite part of the store is the frozen food section.. just, literally.. it's the ugliest in my opinion and sort of complacently trapping.
- My favorite part is the fruit/vegetable area.. not just for the goods but you can always find fun stuff here.. like fancy dips, delicious smoothie drinks, tofu goods, higher end dressings..etc.
- My favorite part of the fruit/vegetable area is the apple display.. always so beautifully colorful and perfectly aligned.. I always dive towards the stunningly green granny apples!
- Finds its annoying that clerks make it seem like a task bagging your re-usable bags..
Always gets: Doesn't matter what happened to you on the way to grocery, at the grocery or coming home, these items best be in your (re-useable) bag.