Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Obsession.

I've spent my days abandoning thought and claiming I am a non-addictive person.. I don't get "that way" about things, which I will continue to stick with, well...the addictive part. I've never had some lure towards the damaging addictions such as drinking or smoking... and I've had both, much more alcohol and while I still enjoy it VERY much, could go without and be fine... now, there's plenty of foods I could eat on a daily basis but again, if I had to go without I'd be cool..

So I started thinking on this, I realize I am none of the above but there are a handful of things I have this association with, this need, if you must.. I'm going with obsession.. not full blown obsession but somewhere about's there...

See below for obsessions.....



ok.. this represents Mexican food as a whole, I am totally obsessed with burritos, spanish rice, mojitos, tacos, tex-mex, chimmichangas, queso, nachos, taco sauce, salsa, cilantro... you get it, these photos explain my must have's when it comes to this obsession. My all time favorite is just a simple taco.. including greasy ground beef (I also love Fantastic brand veggie meat), shredded lettuce, tomatoes, do NOT skimp me on the sour cream, a nice allowance of cilantro and taco "sauce" - no clue, just love it, now put it on my taco, damnit.


k, next.. and maybe overall obsession here.. things that smell good, things that make my couch, my carpet, my car, my bed, my clothes, my bedroom, my kitchen smell good... this could really go on ya know. here you witness some of whats in my house, everything from room sprays to incense to oil burners. I didn't photograph carpet powder, fabric spray, car jars, reed diffusers and other brand plug ins. I don't know how this obsession come about but it's the ONLY thing I can't NOT buy when out shopping... if I go shopping for anything...groceries to gas, I'm probably coming home with a new or different one of the aforementioned...


k...don't get this one wrong, Im NOT obsessed with myself or my image... I love myself at times and utterly displeased at others.. but I am pretty obsessed with checking myself instead of relying on the mirror, for whatever reason I feel like a photo shows me the real deal versus a mirror, as I have definitely had self image issues over the years... because I tend to check myself with a photo (camera phone) I end up with 300 plus photos in my phone.. if anything, fun to look back at laugh at myself.

There you have it.... some of the silliness that makes up GIRL.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have the mexican obsession as well. Oh, girl- heads will ROLL if I get skimped on guacamole. I feel ya! :)

skr said...

hahaha! There's just certain things you can't go without when eating said Mexican cuisine! ;]