Sunday, July 25, 2010

Heureux.

beautiful post rain sunset

Wow, can't believe it's been since Wednesday since I last posted something. Last week flew by and this weekend kind of has too but it's been a really good one! Especially today! Sunday's are really the only that Boy & I have an extended amount of time with each other. Today we got up early, went to Starbucks and had some good conversation and then headed to the Lucky Dill Deli (a place I've been wanting to try for a while). We went to the one in downtown St. Pete which sort of stuck something in us.. we parked a couple blocks away and walked up to the deli, a sorta kinda NY style deli.. black & white inside, walk up to counter to order, get a number, etc. Boy had a "Jewish Cuban"...a bohemith of a sandwich that was oozing with deli mustard and cheese, god it was GOOD. I had a turkey reuben and oh man their sauerkraut was delicious.

After that we walked around the city and down to the pier..kinda. By then we were sweating our asses off, so we schleped it back to the car BUT we've decided that perhaps we would like to live down town..we have always gone back & forth about country living vs. the city but haven't ever really immersed ourselves in either so we are going to choose the city partly because it would be so nice to be able to walk to dinner, or go grab a coffee without taking the car, not mention just being to take scenic walks as opposed to walking along the freeway (where we are now..) Our lease at our current place is up next February.. so we will see.

In the meantime, I made a wonderful I'm sorry meal for the boy last night (he's put up with my recent crankyness quite well...I appreciate that!) So I made my polenta, roasted chicken & vegetables, roasted garlic mushrooms & homemade mini sweet potato corn muffins. I didn't catch a picture of the meal itself because it was dark by then and my lightbox is still in my car :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely golden polenta!

skr said...

Ellie, oh that's not polenta, that's all the corn muffin stuff but my polenta isn't far off on that color ;]